Boynton Beach Firefighter Benevolent Association
Fishing Tournament – Rules & Regulations
Please click here for the BBFFBA Fishing Tournament AND Chili Cookoff Rules
Please click here for the BBFFBA Fishing Tournament AND Chili Cookoff Sponsors
Please click here to register for the BBFFBA Fishing Tournament AND Chili Cookoff
Please click here for the BBFFBA Fishing Tournament AND Chili Cookoff Gallery
Fishing Tournament Rules & Regulations
- ENTRY FEE PER BOAT: $300 per boat paid on or before April 10, 2023. $350 if paid after April 10, 2023 . No exceptions. Register and pay online at www.boyntonbeachfirefighters.com.
- REGISTRATION: Entries should be mailed to: Boynton Beach Firefighting Benevolent Association Attention: Fishing, 2080 High Ridge Rd., Boynton Beach, Fl 33426. No entries, angler changes, or angler additions can be made after the close of registration on April 20, 2023. Registration fee is non refundable for any reason.
- CAPTAIN’S MEETING: Texas Roadhouse located at 3001 Old Boynton Rd, Boynton Beach, Fl 33426 (561) 739-9332 Thursday, April 20, 2023 register/check-in from 5:00-7:00pm, rules announced at 7:00pm. One angler from each boat must be present, you will not be able to fish this tournament if not present. Official rules will be reviewed and any rule changes will be given at this meeting.
- TOURNAMENT HEADQUARTERS & OFFICIAL WEIGH STATION: Boynton Beach Firefighter Benevolent scales at Boat Club Park, 2010 N. Federal Hwy., Boynton Beach, Florida 33435 constitute the official weigh station. Regular weigh-in hours: Saturday, April 22, 2023 will be from noon to 4:00pm, if you wish to weigh in sooner, contact our weigh master on channel 68. No fish hooked or boated after hours stated above will be eligible.
- ANGLERS PER BOAT: Four (4) registered anglers are permitted per boat; additional anglers are $50.00 per person. Anglers may also serve as captain and/or mate.
- COMMUNICATIONS: All participating boats should be equipped with a working VHF marine radio. The tournament committee will monitor VHF channel 68, official times or special notifications will be announced during the tournament on this channel. NO WEIGH-IN STATISTICS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON VHF RADIO.
- START and HOURS OF FISHING: Saturday April 22, 2023 Gentlemen’s Start, lines in @ 7:00am and all lines out of water by 3:00pm. Weigh-in closes promptly at 4:00pm. You may use any inlet to fish this tournament. Just remember this tournament is for charity and we are relying on everyone to abide by the rules.
- ELIGIBLE FISH: Dolphin, Kingfish and Wahoo. Mutilated fish will not be eligible for any category. Mutilation determined by weight master. * $10,000 in cash prizes awarded on 100 boat entries. Social Security numbers are required for cash winners over $600.
- CATEGORIES/MINIMUM WEIGHTS/JR & LADY ANGLER/ New this year – The Phil Oxendine Aggregate Division: A) The minimum weight for Dolphin, Kingfish or Wahoo in any category is five (5) pounds. B) Fish not meeting these minimum weights will not count. All fish must meet state requirements. C) The “Skyler Hunt” Junior Angler award recipients must be 12 years or younger, boy or girl. NOT a cash award category. 1st, 2nd, 3rd. D) Lady angler cash prize to be determined. E) Only one cash prize per category will be awarded per boat.
- TIES: In the event of a tie in weight, the winner will be determined by the earliest weigh-in time.
- BAIT & TACKLE: No bait restrictions. Live bait permitted. All fish must be caught on rod and reel. Wire lines permitted. No Electric Reels! No “Live Bait” chumming!
- Tournament winners may be subject to a polygraph test. All fish may be examined by any means necessary.
- FISHING BOUNDARIES: The fishing limits of this tournament are in territorial waters of the U.S.
- ENTRY REFUSAL: THE BOYNTON BEACH FIREFIGHTER BENEVOLENT ASSOCIATION FISHING COMMITTEE reserves the right to refuse any tournament application or entry from a prospective entrant with or without cause. Any applicant refused entry shall be entitled to a refund of entry fee.
- WEATHER CONDITIONS: In the event of unsafe conditions at sea, the weather committee, in its best judgment, may call off the tournament until better conditions prevail. Such notice of cancellation and resumption will be broadcast on channel 68 and on our website www.boyntonbeachfirefighters.com. In the event of full cancellation, tournament prizes will be awarded by drawings for category prizes at awards party, must be present to win. Captains are ultimately responsible for their crew and fish at their own risk.
- THE BOYNTON BEACH FIREFIGHTER BENEVOLENT ASSOCIATION FISHING COMMITTEE and any and all participants will abide by any federal, state and/or local laws that pertain to the environmental control of the fisheries. All registered anglers must possess a current Florida saltwater fishing license and present upon request.
- NOTE: Tournament rules are subject to change without notice. ANY CHANGES WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE CAPTAIN’S MEETING.
Fishing Tournament AND Chili Cookoff
It’s time to start thinking about tight-lines, razor-sharp hooks, fair winds and calm seas! Just breeze into Boynton Beach and join us for the next Boynton Beach Firefighter Fishing Tournament and Firehouse Chili Cook-off on April 22, 2023!
2023 24th Annual Bill Bingham Charity Golf Tournament Canceled! Stay tuned for more info.
Please click below to find out more information about our other events such as our breakfast with santa and our holiday casino party.
Want more info? Call us using the info below or email us using the contact form on the left.
Boynton Beach Firefighter Benevolent Association
2080 High Ridge Road
Boynton Beach, FL 33436