Boynton Beach Firefighter Benevolent Association – Helping Others Through Your Help!
The Boynton Beach Firefighter Benevolent Association is a non-profit, fraternal organization made up of active and retired members of the Boynton Beach Fire Rescue Department. The group exists to assist the Fire Rescue Department, as well as the community at large, with various projects throughout the year. We are funded solely by donations received through our many special events that promote both Benevolent and public relations programs.
Above: The BBFBA would sincerely like to thank all the fishermen, sponsors, vendors, volunteers, firefighters, retired firefighters, family and friends who gave so graciously of their time and energy to make this event one of the most successful in our history, and one of the finest tournaments in South Florida! We are pleased to donate a check in the amount of $8,000 to our charity of choice the Kiwanis Club of Boynton Beach! Left to right, Deputy Chief Greg Hoggatt, Bill Hagan, Ouida Hall, Jack Gayegian and Fire Chief Glenn Joseph.
On an on-going annual basis, here are just some of the projects we focus on:
• Sparky the Fire Dog Program (in conjunction with the NFPA to educate kids in fire safety)
• Public education materials such as brochures and videos
• CPR Training
• Training courses and equipment not funded by the City of Boynton Beach
• Blood Pressure Screening at all five of our Fire Stations and at special events
• Smoke Detectors
• Child Safety Seat education and installation
• College Tuition Scholarship Fund offering 2 annual scholarships to deserving students in the Benevolent Association’s name.
Some of our highlighted Community events include raising money for the following Charities:
• Annual Charity Golf Tournament – proceeds benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation as well as our Scholarship Fund
• Annual Charity Restaurant Take Over – proceeds benefit the American Heart Association
• Memorial Fishing Tournament & Chili Competition – proceeds benefit the NFL Alumni “Caring for Kids” charities in the names of two of our own, Lieutenant Nick Lucente and Lieutenant Steve “Wojo” Wojciechowski, who both lost their battles with cancer while still active with BBFRD.
Fire and Paramedic Equipment:
• Personal safety equipment such as flashlights, biohazard personal protection pouches
• Medication reference booklets
Direct Firefighter Support:
• Fitness Equipment
• State Firefighter Olympics
• Athletic Fund
• Honor Guard uniforms and equipment
• Bunker Gear Bags
BBFBA Executive Board Members:
• Monica Durango – President
• Elizabeth Ortiz – Vice President
• Kristen Rioux – Secretary
• Whilelm Francois – Treasurer
• Ouida Hall – Fire Admin. Representative
• Frankie Zupo – Public Information Volunteer
Donations can be made any time during the calendar year. Please make payable to:
Boynton Beach Firefighter Benevolent Association
2080 High Ridge Road
Boynton Beach, FL 33436